1. The homeowner policy that you live in does NOT cover your own belongings.
2. You have car insurance, possibly life insurance, hopefully health insurance (Thanks Obama), and you will at some point NEED renters insurance. According to Insurance Information Institute, "Among renters, only 40 percent said they had renters insurance." Don't you want to be a part of this elite community? It is growing in popularity because in 2011 only 29% of renters had renters insurance!
3. You may or may not know what renters insurance actually covers: your belongings, hotel and food if something happens to your place, liability if someone gets hurt at your residence, and more. You should check out what the insurance company you are interested in offers.
4. Your Scappoose property manager or landlord might require you to carry renters' insurance. Which is very common nowadays, so get with the program! See how nice these property managers are helping you help yourself and everything. AWW!
5. Bundle you renters insurance with your other policies and it could be virtually free! It is almost like bundling your cable, phone, and internet. Except not as cool. Not even a little bit. But hey! Now you know your stuff is covered and you can sleep better at night.. No? Okay, we tried.
So whether you are a renter contemplating attaining renters insurance- do it! And if you are a landlord or property manager considering requiring this insurance for your tenants- do it!
If you want to learn more about Renters Insurance... Oh your right. You don't. We covered it all! If you want to learn more about how to further protect your belongings though- check out our other blog at http://www.mpmpdx.com/blog/what-thief-s-and-natural-disasters-have-in-common
Image Courtesy of: richleere.com